Saturday, January 29, 2011

How and where can I obtain certification as a professional Proofreader?



Your Ad Here



Certification
by cedsolutions.com

Question by heavymetalrick: How and where can I obtain certification as a professional Proofreader?

I want to pursue proofreading as a full time professional occupation and obtaining certification in the field would provide me with additional credibility with potential employers.




Best answer:


Your Ad Here


Answer by kitten
I don't think there's certification for it - it's just identifying mistakes. I too am interested in working as an editor/proofreader, but I've never heard of certification - I think it's just practice and experience that is important.

I just took a proofreading quiz for a job the other day - I think that's how most companies measure whether or not you're a good proofreader, not by just taking your word for it.

I don't know if you have/haven't gone to college, but there are emphases within English majors that will help you to strengthen your proofreading skills.





What do you think? Answer below!

Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment