Monday, February 28, 2011

How do you program a programming language?



Your Ad Here





Question by Josh H:

How do you program a programming language?



Your Ad Here





Obviously you have to start with a base language so wouldn't every programming language just be a dialect of the first? To clarify: How could they have made Perl without using another programming language to program Perl's functionality?




Best answer:


Your Ad Here


Answer by James
I have often pondered this question myself... I have no REAL knowledge about it, so this is just speculation:

A programming language is basically just a system for converting words/commands that we can understand (if x then ....) into commands the computer understands. I assume that the ORIGINAL language was written purely in binary, and then somehow used to branch off into other languages. All modern languages are probably written in other low-level languages, but I am not positive.

These are the questions that keep me up at night =)





Give your answer to this question below!

Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment